Thursday, February 12, 2004

Well, I’m unemployed, but that’s not what I want to write about today (I’ll save that lovely story for some other time…).

While I was at Animal Fair, I came across this random questionnaire while trying to figure out the content of a Seattle magazine, and I think it’s hilarious (so were the people’s answers by the way) that I wanted to post it here – with my ridiculously amused answers:

1. what is the coolest accessory/clothing item you own?
2. who is the coolest character from a book or film?
3. where is the coolest place you've been?
4. what is the coolest car you've ever been in?
5. how old were you when you discovered what "cool" meant?
6. would you rather be "hot" or "cool"?
7. on a scale of 1-10, how important is it to be cool?
8. if you are not being cool, you are being ____.
9. when is it not cool to be cool?
10. on a scale of 1-10 how cool are you?

Some of the people who answered these questions were totally arrogant and into themselves, while others were totally lacking in self-confidence. Somehow there was no one who really fell into a grey area. Let’s see how well I straddle that grey fence!

1. My Happy Harry the Hippo socks! They make me smile. (For those of you who have no idea, Harry was my Christmas tree / Hannukah Bush during college and all my friends came over for a holiday party and decorated him with lights and handmade ornaments. Harry now resides with Mommy and Daddy A. in Los Angeles. In exchange, Michelle, their spawn of a child, gave me Happy Harry the Hippo socks – yay! Oh, and Harry’s a big, soft, lovable Hippo.)
2. Garfield. He doesn’t care what anybody thinks, and he does his own thing: lasagna, mailing cute kittens to Abu Dhabi and napping like a hardcore narcoleptic.
3. People always like my story about traveling to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, with Secretary of State Powell for some Middle East Peace Talks with Middle East leaders and President Bush (2003). And I got to go snorkeling for the first time – in the Red Sea!
4. Hands down, my mom’s little red MG. But if I had my druthers, it would be a 1973 Bronco, the one that looks like a magnified Hot Wheels.
5. I still don’t know what “cool” means.
6. “Cool.” Because “hot” usually refers to physical characteristics, which always fade over time. “Cool” to me is a way of being, and that only gets better with age!
7. It’s not. What’s important in life is that you work on yourself, mold yourself into the person you want to be, each day of your life. “Coolness” is just a side show, a derivative of this attempt at LIVING.
8. If I’m not being “cool” , I am being myself.
9. This question is retarded. Who came up with this questionnaire??!
10. You tell me.