Friday, June 10, 2005

Long Time A Comin'

Okay, so I haven't written in a while, and Vince recently asked me, "Now that you've moved, are you going to start posting to your Blog again?" Gosh, I didn't realize how much you guys cared! OF COURSE I will!

I really don't know where I left off though. Somewhere around Wendy's, but long after I canceled DSL in my Philadelphia apartment.

Since then, I moved to lovely Massachusetts, where I will remain jobless, shriftless, and thriftless for as long as humanly possible.

Actually, that's not true. My mom claims that I owe her $3,000 a month for rent and I spent all day yesterday trying to up the ante on Monster.com. Would you believe that there are more available Editorial Assistant jobs in the state of Massachusetts than I could ever find when I was looking in NYC???! Well, THERE IS. Although nearly all of them are in healthcare. So if I really take a liking to the the mitochondria and nucleus of cells, I could really have something going here.

What I've discovered however is that I can never again try for a job whereby I have to lift heavy, semi-heavy, or even light-as-a-feather objects, as I have now spent the last month with chronic back pain. Sometimes the pain even rushes down the sciatic nerve in my leg at the most inconvenient times - like when I'm trying to sleep at night. It's been a real pleasure knowing that this was coming - both my mom and uncle have had surgery for herniated disks in their lower lumbar region- and it is ever more so now that it is here.

This morning, for instance, I woke up, brushed my teeth, and started to wash my face. When I tried to bend over the sink to wash the soap off my face so that suds and baking powder (don't ask) wouldn't run all down the front of my pajamas and on the floor, I realized that I couldn't move forward. Honest.

So now I'm without health insurance and about to make an appointment with the doctor. There's nothing more fun than being 26 (well, almost) and having your body give out on you. Dr. Claves (she's my Philadelphia doctor) is always mentioning that someone my age shouldn't have a file as large as mine. I was thinking that it's been nearly a year since I last added something good to it, so here we go to the doctor's again!

I have also realized that if this back bullshit continues that I'm going to have to sink $2,000 into a mattress. My mom has a Temperpedic mattress and it is HEAVEN to lay in. In fact, we spent about an hour today just lying on it. It's like floating on a marshmallow cloud.

What that really means is that my back likes the Temperpedic so I like the Temperpedic. Enough said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh.. well it's only been like a month or so.. Nice to see you are alive in cyberspace and all that jazz.. This message is here for 2 reasons however. Reason number 2? Nobody ever reads my blog anymore! So I'm hoping to cache in on all your college friends, who I know miss hearing my opinions on things..

Unknown said...

Oh.. how insensitive of me.. I truely hope your back gets better.. that's sucky man!

Post a Comment