Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Overqualified

I stopped by my local Temp Agency yesterday (all doped up on Flexerall by the way) and was politely informed that I was too qualified for any job they have at the moment. I'm not sure how that works in my favor, but for the time being I am still unemployed. Of course, I am free to call the recruiter one to two times a week to check for new listings. Whatever.

So today I have another appointment with a different Temp Agency. This time, however, I applied to a specific job posting on Monster.com and they called to invite me to come in. I can't imagine that I am overqualified for this position - otherwise they wouldn't call, right?

Yeah, well, that's the excitement here in good old Clinton, Mass.

In other news, it appears as though Anthony will be moving to D.C. within the next month or two. We finally came to a decision on what to do about moving in together, and it goes a little something like a conartist scam: I give Anthony all the money I've saved and he goes to D.C.

Okay, that's not really the end of the story. He's going to get an apartment big enough for the two of us (I'll be house-hunting with him though) and stay there by himself for about six monthsy, while I continue to work and save here in Massachusetts. Once I've paid off my loan from my mom (for my last move from NYC to Philly), established a bit of savings, and find a job in the D.C. Metro area, I'll be back in D.C. for however long Anthony's job down there lasts.

Blah. I am feeling very "blah" today. I think I'll go to that job interview now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there!

This is Dan from the (former) office next door. How's it going? I see you left 70 (and philly)... congrats!

It kinda sucks that we never got to hang out outside of the office, but that's life. Glad you're doing well. Anyway, if you ever find yourself back in philly or just want to keep in touch, drop me a line.

Dan

dorktacular at gmail dot com
flyinbutrs on IM

The Frustrated Fed said...

Hey lady. Nice ass in the last post ;) Happy anniversary to you and Anthony. As for the job, I had the same problem when I was unemployed out here. I was overqualified for the $10/hour temp jobs. The good news is that I did get a decent job within a month, so give it a few more weeks. It's all about the Craig's List.

Post a Comment