Ten of my friends from college decided to host a reunion of our own in Las Vegas over the long weekend. There was much alcohol consumed and not much sleep to be had, but these conversations were held during sober moments.
So, without further ado, I give you Jeff:
1
"Not all rape is bad."
"REALLY?"
"Well, there's consensual rape."
"Consensual rape?! There's no such thing."
"Yes there is. You know, consensual rape."
"Uh, Jeff, that's 'consensual sex,' not rape."
"Yeah, consensual rape."
Let's just say it took at least 15 minutes to convince him that rape is NEVER consensual. Gotta love that kid.
2
Upon reliving a joke that Mel, whose parents are Chinese by birth, is my and Anthony's adopted Tsunami Aid baby, Jeff says:
"Well, you and Anthony can still have an Asian baby."
"Uh, Jeff, we're both white."
"Oh yeah."
More to come later...

2 comments:
In defense of Jeff, he is correct. I have been witness (personal and colloquially) to a number of women who have rape fantasies that they want to have carried out by their partners. So in a sense it could be argues that this would be a case of rape that is consensual.
Obviously if one were to apply a strict definition to the word rape they would find that intrinsically it is non-consensual, but I think that like most things today we don’t use strict definitions to convey meaning.
This is from your link:
"There is a WORLD of difference between having a rape fantasy and acting it out in reality. A person with a fantasy of being raped does not really want to be raped. They may want to playact in the submissive role, but they must always know that they are actually safe and that if they want it to stop it will stop."
Since this link asserts that what I say is true, I will reiterate - There is NO SUCH THING as consensual rape. You can act out a rape fantasy, but it is not actual rape. It sounds like I'm nitpicking, but I've always found rape to be a rather sensitive subject with me.
Post a Comment