Yesterday I was walking (okay, so I was limping - so much for my getting back to the gym and feeling good about myself again) out of the Metro at my stop and I'm about to enter the turnstyle to exit when this guy cuts me off and jumps in front of me. Now I'm not saying that city folk can't be rude and insensitive bastards (after all, I am), but DCers really need to make up their minds. There is the whole Metro etiquette of not touching each other, constantly apologizing, and not making eye contact which would lead me to conclude that the rules of a track meet should trump all other decision here: unless you have a pace and a half lead, you can't cut in. Dry and simple.
At least in New York, people have no issues with elbow-checking you, shoving you, and pushing you aside so I really never thought twice about it when one of them cut me off when I was trying to exit the subway. And in all fairness, they were always walking faster than me anyway.
So, mister, where was my "excuse me" or "sorry"? It seemed to have slipped your mind and I don't mean to be rude, but the next time some asshole pushes his/her way in front of me and then proceeds to walk at a snail's pace, I am going to open a can of whupass on you. And that goes double for you freaks that feel the desperate need to stand on top of the door on the subway, instead of moving down the aisle and making room for the rest of us who are waiting impatiently to get home during traffic hour.

No comments:
Post a Comment