Friday, June 29, 2007

Closet, what closet?

Yesterday was the last day of the living room doubling as a construction zone. That nearly useless coat closet that used to reside there has now gone into hiding…behind a big, beautiful wall!

We couldn’t quite undertake the home improvement project we wanted to (which involved installing a pocket door to the bathroom) because there was a large concrete support hidden in the wall where we wanted to work, but the end result is pretty sweet. I could have lived without the massive amounts of drywall dust that settled everywhere throughout the condo (apparently so fine that it can fit through key holes and such), but I am quite pleased with the wall that resulted.

I can now get to work on convincing my cable company to install a cable outlet in the wall and on getting a flooring contractor out to install wood flooring throughout. Someday, this place will be fit for living!

And then we’ll move, of course…

No comments:

Post a Comment