Friday, June 11, 2010

I didn't forget you, Estee

Just call me a slacker, Estee.  I have been saving up some of my favorite Southern Sayings of the Day for over two months now and I've created quite the stack of usable quotes for you.  So, without further ado, here they are, in chronological order of course (I tip my hat to you and your OCD, Mr. McLaughlin):

April 6: If you're getting angry at someone, you might say...
I'll cloud up and rain all over you.

April 7: Laziness
He wouldn't catch his breath if it didn't come natural.

April 21: Self-Importance
They're so snooty that if they get to heaven they're gonna ask to see the upstairs.

April 24/25: Stupidity
He ain't get sense enough to pour water out of a boot if the directions were on the heel.

April 26: Short on Cash
There ain't a tater in the patch.

April 27: When someone makes an assumption without having all the facts, you might say...
Not everything that moves around in the dark is Santa Claus.

May 3: Politicians
Politicians are as crooked as a hound dog's hind leg and twice as dirty.

May 4: If a friend acts arrogant after inheriting a large sum of money, you might say...
The higher a monkey climbs, the more he shows his butt.

May 6: If you come up with a great idea, you might say...
It's horse-high, bull-strong, pig-tight, and goose-proof.
(I can almost hear Martha saying this one right now...)

May 17: Undependable
He's so worthless the tide wouldn't take him out.
I can think of one or two people I'd say that about...

May 24: Downhearted
She's as sad as a fallen cake.

June 5/6: Tall
He's so tall if he fell down he'd be halfway home.

June 7: Feeling Great
I'm finer than a frog hair split four ways.
(Martha tells me her dad uses this one on a regular basis.  SWEET.)

June 8: If you want to compliment someone's cooking, you might say...
This is gooder'n grits!
(In fact, this is required every time I cook you a meal, regardless of the truth of the matter.)

June 10: Referring to someone who acts cool because he can hide his emotions, you might say...
There may be snow on the roof but there's fire in the hearth.
(Oh dear, I know many a man like this...)

June 11: Vocally Challenged
He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
(Sorry to say that I immediately think of Michelle's chorus story when I read this one - remember how she was made the chorus librarian so she didn't have to sing?)

All caught up!  Estee, you're welcome.

Abrazos y besos a todos...

1 comment:

ekonor said...

Yay, I love them all! I especially like "there may be snow on the roof, but there's fire in the hearth." awesome.

Post a Comment