Sunday, August 15, 2010

Success!

Two more things have been checked off of my list of things to do to settle in to Buenos Aires:
  1. Harass the good people down in shipping until my unaccompanied air baggage (UAB) arrives: if you recall, UAB is the 250lbs of random crap we get to ship to ourselves faster than the rest of our household crap (also known as HHE, or household effects).  When Anthony and I moved to Peru, it took our UAB 5 months to reach us; in Mexico, it took about a month; here in Buenos Aires, I've got them down to 3 weeks.  And now I have my winter coat, my gym gloves, dog food for Maggie, and a whole bunch of random toiletries, just to name a few things that I am appreciating at the moment.
  2. I.  Have.  Internet.  I cannot stress this enough: internet is the world traveler's LIFESAVER.  Although it took weeks to figure out who Miguel Delfino is (the guy whose name is on my bill) so I could just get some freakin' WiFi service (long story), you are now free to Skype me at any time.  I've got my headphones and I'm waiting.  Bueller...?
See?  It takes so little to make me happy.

2 comments:

CaroLyn said...

Doood. You're on Skype - that's awesome. Me too. I'm actually on Skype all the time at work. My username is my firstname.lastname (that's married name, claro). Espero tu mensage. XO.

Anonymous said...

i will log into my skype account the moment i can... though not tonight as it was resturant week in dc and i was enjoying a goreous steak and my belly is not so fully i can't move! :)

Post a Comment