43 and counting...
Today ended with quite an interesting twist of events. Remember how I mentioned that we have an assignment to do some photography and shoot some basic video? Well, as part of that assignment, we have to film a "crime scene." Our buddy Lester decided to make it into a real crime scene by getting his Samurai stuck in a boggy ditch. The local FLETC police came out, with the blue lights a-flaring and all the commentary one can handle (such as, "I think you should call a tow truck"). It took us over an hour to find someone who could drag him out of the ditch. Several attempts, one broken line, and several Samurai overheats later and presto-change-o, Les was out of the ditch. What is most funny to me is that when you're dealing with a large number of alpha males, it is usually best to stand around, watch and laugh. Every guy on base seems to have a different opinion of how a truck would best be dragged out of ditch. And they're loud too. Good times had by all, I swear. At least I was there with my camera to capture all the action on film.
In any case, that is the big news for today. There isn't too much else to report. I am in week three and I've already been restricted from physical exertion as I strained my right quadricep (aka my right thigh). Now the health unit informs me that I'm not allowed to run, jump or kneel - which basically kicks out all my PT classes, firearms, and walking up the stairs to get to my room. I have now hired my own personal manservant to carry me around everywhere, as I am so very fragile. :) At least I get to return again on Tuesday to see if my status changes. But until then, I am armed to the teeth with ibuprofen and all the ice a thigh can handle (remember that ice machine? It's beginning to come in handy...).
Man, I realize now how thoroughly exhausted I am. I think that means that it is way past my bedtime. So, I must bid all you little wannabe blogsters goodnight, and go on my merry way. I hope you can all learn to live without me....I promise I'll be back tomorrow!
