Sorry I've been away for the past few days...on Monday we had our first big legal test, and I thought I'd take some time away from you guys to study for it. I mean really, priorities people! (Yeah, I don't know; what WAS I thinking??? Who really wants to graduate from FLETC anyway?)
So anywho.
Today was yet another full day of shooting guns, handcuffing and searching my fellow classmates, running for miles on end, and trying my darnedest not to fall asleep in our self-incrimination class (yay for the 5th amendment!). Speaking of which, yesterday in our nonlethal control techniques (i.e. "cuffin' and stuffin'") class, the other DS chick, Jen, and I were paired up to conduct a search. I was the officer, and she was the suspect. Well, they had me leave the room so she could place some contraband on her person for me to find during my search. When I came back it, let me tell you, it was quite the experience. I think it is now official that Jen and I know each other more intimately than any other two people in our class... You see, she hid a hyperdermic needle in her bra strap for me to find, but when I checked under the back band of the bra, it slipped out and into her cup. Once I got around to searching the front, she kept repeating, "You still haven't found it, try again." Well, try, and try again! I must have felt her up about five times before I found it...and then I had to unbutton her collar (remember that she is handcuffed while this is happening), and tear that baby out with my teeth!
Okay, so maybe I didn't use my teeth, but I had to go in after it...how embarassing! I mean, really, I have to work with these people...
So anyway, ever since then I refer to Jen as "Little Spoon." And yes, that makes me the big spoon. And I ain't sharing!
Hmmm, what other FLETC news? During the rainstorm yesterday, the entire ceiling in the kitchen of our dining hall collapsed, so we are without hot food items until further notice. Due to this, I have eaten nothing at the cafeteria today, other than to nibble on a sandwich at lunch, which was completely unpalatable. Tonight we all managed to get a group together to drive to Mo-Joe's, where we enjoyed the fine cuisine that is chicken wings. It was FWAT and then some (for those of you who know what I'm talking about)...
In other news, my physical restrictions have been lifted as of today, so I got to enjoy the rigor of running around a track for an hour today. Good times had by all, I swear. Now, it's not like PT isn't my most favorite thing in the world, but sprinting and then jogging after I've been out of commission for over a week is really sucky. I even managed to somehow get a blister on my foot. But of course I blame that entirely on the unforms we have to wear (yes, I said "uniforms"). I think they originally purchased these uniforms in the 60s and haven't bothered replacing them yet. We even have socks, sports bras and jock straps issued to us (well, to the respective genders anyway). My biggest problem is the socks, which generally equate to wrapping a few cotton threads around your foot. Which explains the blisters (the bastards!).
This morning we also had a run-through of our firearms qualifications course. I just want you all to know that, despite my complaining, right now I am shooting at the "sharp shooter" level. That is only a few points less than "expert" and is still many, many points above the minimum score we need to get. So look out boys and girls, your buddy o' pal Ryan is about to be qualified, and then armed and dangerous! I believe our "real" qualifications are on Saturday... wish me luck!
And that pretty much wraps this up for the evening...TGNR needs some rest (TGNR=The Girl Named Ryan)...Much love to you!!!!!
By the way, 39 and counting...
