I had the talk. You know, the “TALK.” I told my supervisor I plan on leaving DS. The good news? He took it well – better than I ever expected. He told me to go ahead and keep working in the New York office for the salary and benefits, and if I need to go to an interview, just let him know. He gave me that whole, “You need to do what makes you happy” speech. Well, he actually sounded more like Vincent when he said to me, “A job is just something you do for money. You put in your hours and you go home. When the job starts taking away from your life at home, then maybe you need to consider changing careers.” So that was that. I am still working at DS, but I am actively seeking other employment. Now if I could only find the time to send out that pesky resume…
In other news, I spent two weekends away from home since last I wrote. I’ve been to Philadelphia and the Poconos. Philly was an action-packed adventure, as always, with my lovely Corinne, Jimmy and Tom making sure there was never a dull moment! I saw dentists and doctors, tailors and sushi chefs, bartenders and hangovers, Sabrina’s and Bump, one senator and gay boys galore… It was an eventful three days and I was sorry to see it pass. I miss my Philly trio already!!!
As for the Poconos, it was a quiet time at the Balloon Festival in Shawnee. I got to see about twenty hot air balloons take off into the clear blue skies, and was even invited to join a balloon rescue team (which basically takes their van and chases down their balloon so they can pick the occupants up when the thing floats out of the sky). I ate sinfully delicious home-cooked meals cooked by our friend Marty at our favorite B&B, The Brookview Manor, and tracked down a god-awful flea market. And as per usual, I grabbed my Vincent and dragged him out into the woods, where I forced him on a half-day march to a hidden waterfall in the woods behind the B&B. It was wonderful.
Of course, my pleasantries were cut short when I realized I had to be in Burlington, New Jersey for training at Fort Dix on Sunday night. I have just returned from four days of shooting paper targets with both simunition rounds and hollow point bullets. I even requalified on my pistol. What joy. Watch me do somersaults and flips. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee…..
So, there you are. A relatively short blurb on me and my life.
