Monday, July 26, 2004

Did I mention that I am moving again?  Yes, yes.  By this time next month, I will have moved into my new palace, my kingdom, my domain.  Granted, I have to share the bathroom with two girls, but I don't care so long as I am reunited with all my stuff and can get out of my current living situation. 

I don't know if any of you have lived long-term in someone else's house, in someone else's room, with someone else's stuff in the closet and on the walls, but for someone as OCD as I am, it's beginning to drive me crazy.  Add to that mix a roommate who has no boundaries when it comes to eating my food (I'm poor - I can't afford any more!), to using my razor (yes, she SO did!), or to walking into my room unannounced when I am half-naked, and, if you know me at all, you know my poor little brain is ready to explode!  I am looking forward to having a space I can call my own, even if I have to share the bathroom...

So, about this place: our new apartment is on the second and third floor of a Brownstone house.  On the second floor, there are two large bedrooms and a bathroom (with a jacuzzi and a washer/dryer combo).  Then, on the third floor is the third large bedroom (hopefully mine), with the kitchen and living room area.  The third floor has cathedral ceilings that are slanted and has a skylight so there is plenty of sun.  Finally, there is another set of stairs that lead to our rooftop deck!  It's really an amazing place, in a great location for us (close to where Corinne and I work, and close to Ada's mom's house so she can get the car and go to school), and inexpensive enough so that we three can afford to eat dinner on occasion (Corinne and I were coming up with extracurricular "activities" we could do so we could afford a really nice place earlier this month - like naked housekeeping and the like - so we're quite contented to have found someplace where we don't need to sell our ovaries to afford to live there).

Anywho, we are signing the lease this Thursday and expect to move in during the second or third week of August.  So, I guess you should expect an email from me with updated contact information in the next few weeks.  And maybe I'll even be writing from my own DSL-linked computer!!!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Oh, and did I mention that I am painting my bedroom "mandarin"???  I am quite the happy puppy right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment