Friday, July 30, 2004

Right now I am sitting in the home office of Anthropology/Urban Outfitters, waiting for Corinne to finish up work so I can get me some beach time. Unfortunately, I have now been sitting here for two hours and I could use a nap. I haven't slept through the night in weeks so that kind of makes Ryan a very sleepy girl by mid-afternoon.

In any case, Corinne and I are off to the Shore to visit Vincent this weekend. With any luck, it won't rain and we'll get some fun in the sun. Vince sent me a picture over email to prove to me what a beautiful day he was enjoying out there today, so the hope is up. It's time for lobster, boats, sand and water...

Grrrr...my eyes are burning - I am so exhausted. Ergh!

Anywho, I am trying to think through this whole fog that is wrapped around my brain, but it doesn't seem to be working. I just got off the phone with Anthony (who is the new guy I am dating) and I realize I am no better off now. Well, he was just getting on a plane to go to Europe for the next month or so. So his last conversation with me for a month and a half (because I am going on that rafting trip once he returns) will be one of no mental or spiritual merit whatsoever.

Oh my goodness, I really need to make this stop. My brain is not even remotely functioning. I will talk in your general direction once I have more focus.

However, before I go, my rant on The Bourne Supremacy: it's really beginning to piss me off that the new "cool" thing to do with Hollywood movies, especially thrillers and action movies, is to use handheld cameras and make quick MTV-like shots.. In the latest Bourne movie, the cameraman was seriously CHASING some of the actors in the scenes. And everything was shot so close-up that you couldn't tell what all the action was. It's the kind of editing and camera work that makes me nauseatingly ill. My motion sickness kicks in and I seriously want to grab the directior by the nose and rip it off his face...

Okay, Corinne is ready to go...must flee...

No comments:

Post a Comment