So let's talk about the movie I saw last night: Napoleon Dynamite. What a weird flick. First of all, I didn't know there was such a thing as MTV Films, and I'm not sure if I really want to embrace any more of their feature-length efforts. Well, that's being a little harsh especially since I must admit that the dance sequence is worth the price of admission (hey, I still live in a city where I can go to the movies on a Wednesday night for $5.50, so HA!).
In any case, the movie features Napoleon Dynamite, some dysfunctional kid from Idaho, and the whole movie reads akin to this:
Don : Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite : I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don : Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite : Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don : What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite : A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?
Granted, you almost have to see the way it's acted, so I guess my overall rating is: Walk, don't run, to your second-run movie theatre...
So, what else is going on in the wonderful, wacky world of Ryan? Well, I am moving to my new apartment next Wednesday, which means that my life now exists in boxes and/or in packing them. This weekend Corinne and I are hosting round 2 of the sidewalk sale, which is to say that Corinne might actually be lightening the load on the Mambo Movers' backs by selling all her books, clothing, furniture, and bags for a discounted price to any freak or drunk who walks down 9th Street for a Pat's or Geno's steak all day on Saturday...whew!
We will probably also be hitting up the paint store this weekend in search for those perfect shades of yellow, pink and orange to paint our respective rooms (and the kitchen! - try to guess which color goes with whom). On Tuesday we've invited all the world (or the limited world of Philadelphia-area friends and family) to come join us in our paint-a-thon. We've offered them hours of entertainment in the form of a BYO, with take-out pizza, and multi-colored paint brushes. If they're really lucky, they can also clean our apartment! Woo-hoo! (Would you believe that more people in my life are willing to come watch me paint than to join me for a fun evening at the movie theatre? Sometimes life can be so wonderfully weird.)
And that's about it in my life. Anthony comes home
Anywho. It's been really great talking to you, but I'm afraid I have to run back to my cave now. Looking forward to Autumn weather (damn the humidity!)...

No comments:
Post a Comment