Tuesday, August 10, 2004

There isn't much to say today, but I didn't want to leave all you loyal followers out in the cold. Granted, I don't really believe I have any loyal followers, but I was always a big fan of the game "Pretend" so you'll just have to humor me (oh wait, who am I talking to?).

In any case, Anthony is still in a land far, far away, and I am still in Philadelphia (whew! Nothing has changed yet). However, I will be moving across town in a few short weeks so if you still love me and want to pretend you're going to send me a birthday card in a few months, you can always ask me for my new address. Otherwise, I will send out the info as I see fit in a month or so.

This next bit is mostly for my mom, but if anyone cares, they can continue too: So I just bought some bedding for the new bachelorette pad. You can go online and view it all at Pottery Barn - it's the Emily Duvet (floral) and the Multi-Stripe Quilt. They're simply fantastic! And I am painting my room "osage orange" because Corinne tells me that Mandarin will be much too dark/bright. Then add to that my five miles of desk and bookcases and you've got a happy-go-lucky Ryan room! I haven't decided yet if I am going to paint all my furniture white or not, but I'm waiting to see how the walls come out to make that decision. So that's my interior designer story...

I have also been making multiple vacation plans lately. As you all (HA!) already know, I am going on that Grand Canyon rafting trip with Vincent in September, but I am also planning a long weekend in Ireland in October with Anthony and his mom, a Dominican Republic trip with (my gay boyfriend) Jimmy in November, a trip home for Thanksgiving, and possibly a trip to visit my friend Chris in the Czech Republic over Christmas.

That last vacation is a little spotty at best, but I am crossing my fingers and hoping! The others are all set in stone at this point. Vince and I have tickets to Zumanity in Las Vegas for the night of our arrival, and a hotel of course. Then we're off to the Canyon the next day, where I can laugh at his unathletic ability for a week!

Anthony is taking care of booking my flight for Ireland, so my memory is all I have to serve me on this one. I believe it is the first weekend in October and we will be traveling to Dublin. My goal is to convince my friend Darwin to drive down to visit us. It's been much too long since I last saw him!

The DR trip was just settled, for the most part, last night over a few beers and some mac n' cheese at the Royal Tavern. Jimmy and I are going on a free vacation he won in a radio contest to Punta Cana, at the Bavara Princess Resort where everything is all-inclusive. It will be my first trip to the Caribbean so I am very enthusiastic about the whole thing! I can't wait to hang out with Jimmy for five days nonstop too!!!!

Okay, I am sick of my own exclamation points now. I know how excited traveling gets me, but I really need to tame it down a bit. On top of that, I really should go because work is over - yes, indeedy - and I need to meet Corinne for our usual walk home.

So, the advice of the day: go home - you can always procrastinate tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment