Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thinking is Overrated

I should be working, but instead I'm thinking. You know, I always wanted to be a good writer, but I think my biggest block has always been taking those risks with yourself and putting all of your deepest, darkest thoughts and secrets out in writing. How do extremely private people do it? Especially if, you're like me and have nothing interesting to write about unless it comes from real life. I don't make fiction, I don't write good poetry (I know, I've tried), and apparently I'm not doing so well in the "daily life and trials of Ryan" department either.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have a lot of things on my mind that I'm not so sure I want to share on so public a format. Not that I think that anyone other than a select few reads this thing, but it's out there, you know?

There's a woman whose blog I just started to read lately, Heather B., and she's a gifted writer (in my opinion), with a lot of really wonderful things to say. She doesn't hold anything back, and I think that is a large part of her gift. To be a good writer, you really have to dig deep... The best bloggers do just that. Someday I'm going to look back at all of this and know that I could have pushed the envelope, could have said more, could have written better, could have dug deep...

I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment