What I Should Be Doing Vs. What I Am
Okay, I should really be working to catch up on all I missed last week, but I couldn't resist this one thing (I will write more about my vacation later, I promise!):
High school meme, stolen from many I’ve been told…
1. What year was it? I can only assume that this means which year did I graduate – from high school, that is: 1997.
2. What were your favorite bands or musical artists? Nirvana, Korn, Godsmack, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden…things of that ilk. Apparently I was a raging teenager on the inside. Or greatly influenced by WAAF and all that satan music my brother liked to play…
3. What was your favorite outfit? Even today I couldn’t name a single item of clothing in my wardrobe.
4. What was up with your hair? Nothing. I managed to have hair that cannot really be made fun of at this juncture.
5. Who were your best friends? The same people I knew since kindergarten (with a few minor exceptions): Christian S., Christy P. (now married, so it’s really Christy S.), Joanna W., Michael L., Jeff C., Chris P., Nicole G., Jenn D., Katy F., yadda, yadda, yadda…
6. Where did you work? There are really only so many options in Clinton, MA. I chose the CVS option.
7. Did you take the bus? Nope. The bus is only offered if you are more than 2 miles from school, or some other such BS like that. I think I was only 1.9999999_ miles from school, so I walked.
8. Who did you have a crush on? I fear to admit this because one of my “crushes” is now pretty much a town drunkard, but one was this kid whose grandparents lived across the street from me and I thought he looked a lot like a young Harrison Ford. The other was my only high school “boyfriend” – if you can call holding hands after four months of “dating” a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Admittedly, I’ve always been much too level-headed to really let any boy blind me to what I’m trying to do with my life, so the first was more of an admire-from-afar-gosh-he’s-kind-of-cute things, and the second was more of a he’s-shy-and-adorable-this-should-be-fun-breaking-him-in kind of a thing.
9. Did you fight with your parents? I think I buck the trend on this one, but I really always got along well with my parents. No major fueds.
10. Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on? Maybe toward the end of my high school career, I thought Gavin Rossdale was pretty hot, but look at how he turned out – the scumbag! Now I just make Celebrity Cheat Sheets for all my friends and log them into my Palm pilot.
11. Did you smoke cigarettes? Not even a puff.
12. Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack because you were too nervous to find your locker? “Nervous” was never a word associated with me.
13. Did you have a 'clique'? My group of friends actually named ourselves “THE clique,” a kind of thumb-to-nose action toward the rest of society.
14. Did you have "The Max" like Zach, Kelly, and Slater? I remember spending a lot of time at Denny’s, but mostly we spent our evenings hanging out in the parking lot of CVS and Victory, when we all got out of work.
15. Admit it, were you popular? Popular? No. Massively disliked? No. Oblivious? Very likely.
16. Who did you want to be just like? I never had any aspiration to be like someone else.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? I don’t know, I just wanted to go to college…

No comments:
Post a Comment