Wednesday, April 27, 2005

How Time Flies

I can't even begin to explain how quickly time disappears when you're busy and not having all that much fun. I can't go into all the details of what's going on in my life in such a public format as my Blog at the current time, but I am sure I will get around to it at some point.

Otherwise, I want to update you all (you know who you are) on a few of the things going on in my life.

First is the Publishing Course at Columbia's Graduate School of Journalism this summer. Last Thursday I got a really thin letter in the mail from them - and we all know what that means: I didn't get in. Somehow there were more qualified applicants than me (yeah, I know! I couldn't understand it either!). Lucky for you, only Anthony had to deal with my whining and crying.

In regards to the Foreign Service exam, administered by the U.S. Department of State, I took the written half of the exam in DC this past Saturday. After nearly seven hours with the TEST NAZI, during which time we weren't allowed to eat or drink (not even water!) and were lucky if we were able to score a bathroom break, I don't even get to find out how I fared until the end of July.

The test seemed to go really smoothly for me, but it is now out of my hands. If the stars are aligned correctly, then I will pass this phase and move on to the next level of examination: the oral. Now, contrary to popular opinion, "oral" is not always a dirty word. It will not be something you see on skinimax, but rather I will be admistered a Model UN type of interview for about 8 hours.

Other than that, I am leaving Philadelphia (for the last time, I hope) at the end of May. It looks like the City of Brotherly Love will be without me once again, but my mom will be the beneficiary of my company for the next three months. Yes, kids, your dear old Ryan will be taking a break from the weary world and trying to take it easy this summer. With any luck, I will work some easygoing job for three months to pay off my student loans and such, but mostly I will relax. Yaaaaaaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment