Due to a public referendum 5 years ago, California Governor Schwarzenegger has elected to veto the bill to endorse gay marriage. I couldn't be more upset.
I simply don't understand how so many people are so willing to pass moral judgement on others, and inflict their views on people who have no desire to harm them by their actions. I have yet to hear anything beyond religious tirades in opposition to this movement for gay rights, and I have yet to see anyone speak sense on the issue. Since when did everyone believe in the same religion? This country was based on a desire to be free of religious prosecution, and today we have representatives from all faiths living here.
And what right do we have to make illegal a behavior that does nothing to infringe upon our basic rights? NONE. There is no legal ground to stand upon here.
You can dislike gay marriage for all you're worth, but no one is MAKING you marry a homosexual! Why must you then turn around and MAKE someone else's decision for them?!!
Sometimes people can be so cruel.

1 comment:
I wrote about this today too, but basically the governator is pandering to his conservative base. What a douche!
Post a Comment