It is Monday and I realize that once again I have wasted an entire weekend. Anthony returned from his whirlwind trip to Scotland, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia and Ireland (all in four and a half days) on Friday evening, and then begun working the midnight shift on Saturday night. So really, he's a little bit tired.
I relate that information so you can all forgive me for once again sitting on my plump (and getting plumper) arse for two days. As Anthony is averse to all things fungus, it was easy to convince him to take me out to eat on Friday night instead of partaking of my vegetarian (read: mushroom) lasagna, but that was our only foray out into the concrete wilderness that exists beyond our apartment door.
We went to try Two Quail, which is supposedly "the most romantic" restaurant in DC. It may have been if either waitress ever felt the need to check on our table within the first twenty minutes of arrival. For some reason, the girls kept checking on the surrounding tables, but wouldn't even look in our direction. We were beginning to feel invisible until this one beautiful moment where Anthony and I, in unison no less, gave one girl "the look." It must have made the girl's neck hair stand on end because she was heading out of the room and all of a sudden stopped, turned, and looked directly at us. Yesssss! We were solid opaque beings once again.
The food didn't quite make up for the service so I am removing this restaurant from my DC Restaurants sidebar. Middling food for such a trek and the price makes Ryan go "eh."
The rest of the weekend was consumed by walking the dog, watching the World Cup, napping, watching Pride and Prejudice for about the millionth time, The Simpsons, scrapbooking, watching The Remains of the Day, cooking (and sweating), and one more run through of 10 Things I Hate About You. I know, tres exciting.

1 comment:
If you get bored.. the Tour de France is running in full swing and as exciting as ever.. next week we hit the mountains!!
Post a Comment