Thursday, October 05, 2006

10 reasons why I dislike my slumlord profusely

These are in no particular order:
10. In the middle of the summer, he finally determined that our window air conditioners don't work but he put off buying a new one until next year because he didn't like the available selection at the store.
9. He refused to fix the heat so it works, but suggested I "just" run down to the hardware store and pick up a 'key' to bleed our radiators.
8. Did I mention that the heating unit and control for the whole building is located in another tenant's apartment?
7. He changed our apartment door locks without telling us, then didn't even have the key when I called to tell him I was locked out. Apparently, the contractor never gave him one.
6. I had TO PAY a locksmith $100 to get back into my apartment.
5. The one, lonely, solitary window in the bedroom is screwed shut. No air, no air, can't...breathe...
4. All the windows in the living room and a corner of the roof are leaking. His solution was to spackle the walls so that it didn't show anymore. Niiice.
3. I spent most of the past year trying to convince him that the building needed a new security door. When our building was broken into last month, he decided to replace the locks.
2. Those locks now require a key to get out of the building (um, can we say fire code violation?). Since the vestibule has two doors, one which is always locked on the inside, and the one with the new locks on the outside, you can actually get LOCKED IN THE VESTIBULE. Which is exactly what happened to Anthony last week when he took the dog for a walk but forgot his house keys. I had to leave work early to go let him out.
1. He's raising my rent. And he sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, sounds like you need a good lawyer. I'm a lawyer but i'm not any good. Call Michelle.

Post a Comment