The furry children and I got rid of Anthony this morning (he is spending 4 days in Las Vegas) so we have the next few days to do whatever our little hearts desire. Today was a bit of a wash, as I only got 3 or 4 hours of sleep (I pity those of you who are new parents and do that kind of thing on a regular basis) after consuming four glasses of wine. Let's just say I'm getting too old to handle 4 servings of any kind of alcoholic substance (not to mention my lack o' one kidney) and leave it at that.
I also spent about 4 hours today dropping Anthony at the airport. Which is more time than I like to spend in a car in any given day - although that estimate includes about 20 minutes of standing in the cold, while Border Patrol reviewed my car for god knows what reason when I tried to re-enter Mexico.
The good news is that I now have Bubba here with me AND he's got some temporary tags so I can actually drive him. Today was his first official day on the road. So far he's just transported Anthony and picked up some eggs, but tomorrow we're putting him to work. The girls and I are going to go hiking in Madera Canyon. Hopefully they're up for it.
My other big Sunday plan is to go see Sherlock Holmes at our local theatre. Just another weekend full of crazy shenanigans here in Nogales....
The downside is that Bubba still hasn't been SENTRIfied by DHS, so I have to wait in the plebian line for border crossing, which means I waste a half hour every time I go into the U.S. I think we're getting that taken care of later this week; I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The SENTRI lane takes all of 5 minutes in comparison. It's AWESOME.
The one thing I am really trying to avoid this weekend is completing any more paperwork for State. But it may be a necessary evil, as the one form I really have to finish up is the health insurance election form and the direct deposit form - two of my favorite forms (seriously; because I like having affordable health care and I really love getting paid). Which means that I'll be FedExing the whole packet out on Monday or Tuesday. And I'll be that one step closer to being a responsible, employed adult. Sweet.
Well, my lovelies, I just heard the timer for my meatloaf so I am going to go, as Anthony would say, "Pack my face." (Such a lovely image, no?)

1 comment:
Okay, seriously, it bothers me that this post has a number of grammatical errors and lacks a logical flow, but I'm really too tired to bother fixing it...
Post a Comment