Sunday, October 03, 2010

I promised you pictures

In Puerto Madero, with the "Ladies' Bridge" in the background.
Kaitlin gets cheeky over Labor Day weekend.


Wandering through the weekend market outside of Recoleta Cemetery.

Meandering through the Recoleta Cemetery, with no rhyme or reason (and before the mad search for Evita's grave).

More Recoleta Cemetery, which to me looks like a city of the dead straight out of a Tim Burton movie.

The lovely roots of a rubber tree.


I told you I like to brunch.  And, as far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 places to do so here in Buenos Aires.  I brought Kaitlin and Matt to Oui Oui, where both Kaitlin and I enjoyed submarinos (hot milk in which you melt dark unsweetened chocolate).

I can't just have a submarino!  Huevos completos are totally necessary.  And their version of homefries?  Freakin' fantastic.

Note Matt's excessive attention to the particulars of fork and knife use-ery at the brunch table.

The Casa Rosada (Argentina's answer to the White House) is wide open to visitors.  There are no metal detectors, no guards, no nothing.  You can just walk right in and take your picture with Evita's portrait.

Matt was so happy until he lost his "44" sign.

Stopping for a rest after wandering the neverending market on La Defensa.

When you don't have a reservation, you wait outside on the sidewalk forever.  But the free champagne makes it all okay.  (Note Matt's sporting of the 151st belt buckle!)


Nile, who I am convinced is the world's most fashionable baby, seen here in her Labor Day best at Evita Cafe.

Nile and Mommy Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment